Learn Acroyoga In The Meadows of Gulmarg
Apply Now (for cost details)
[gravityform id=”1″ title=”false” description=”false” ajax=”true”]
If you’d like us to keep you in the loop when we launch other new unique trips in a few weeks, just click on the Blue Button below and say “Subscribe”
AcroYoga For Beginners Trip To The Meadows Of Gulmarg
“But What Is AcroYoga?” 🙂
We are sure the crazy pictures in the gallery above already tell you what our new awesome trip is about. Acrobatic Yoga aka Acro Yoga is an incredible mix of Acrobatics and Yoga coupled with creative movements and some therapeutic massage. It is a quite a sight to watch AcroYogis practice this unique yoga artform and having fun with it in parks, on the beach and pretty much anywhere you feel free and comfortable.
Watch this incredible Acroyoga video at 11,000 feet, to see the real potential of this picture perfect art form, but don’t come expecting to learn those really advanced moves in the video on this trip, baby steps 🙂
It’s not a new phenomenon or a fad and has been around for a while now popular with people who love experimenting and exploring beyond the usual. Not only does it develop whole body strength and flexibility but most importantly, it teaches and enhances trust since Acroyoga is always done with a partner which is why sometimes it is also referred to as Partner Yoga. It brings in the element of communication with your partner to together achieve beautiful picture perfect poses that you will learn at our Acroyoga for Beginners Workshop.
You do not need to come with a partner for this trip just like all our other trips because there will be enough awesome kindred souls for you to pair up with for your practice to learn Acroyoga. But we think that it would be an awesome idea for friends or couples to do this together to enhance trust, communication and bonding.
“But how will I do those crazy acrobatic moves I see in the Pictures above ?” 🙂
Acroyoga is fun and playful and can be learnt by anyone with or without any previous yoga experience, this trip involves AcroYoga for Beginners but of course, people with prior experience in yoga or Acroyoga will love it and will have sufficient guidance to practise advanced moved too 🙂 If you are beginner, you will start with the basics and the course will move forward depending on individual abilities of course.
Also, you don’t need to worry about safety while learning and practising because there is always a third person designated to stand next to every set of two people that are practising (the “Base” and the “Flyer” in Acro Yoga Lingo) to help maintain safety and guide them with the pose, this person is called the “Spotter” in Acroyoga lingo.
Plus remember that we are going to be living and practising on the super gorgeous and unending lush green soft grassy meadows of Gulmarg in Kashmir, surrounded by mountains on all sides, while we learn this amazing yoga art form during this 6 day trip to paradise.
It just can’t get better than this !!
- There are no security or such issues in Gulmarg, you will be aware that it is a very popular hill station and a major tourist centre too. But don’t worry, our Acroyoga Immersion is a little away from the hustle and bustle of tourists in a secluded corner amidst the meadows, seen the picture gallery ? 🙂
- This trip is open to anyone since this is an Acroyoga for Beginners Trip and no previous Acroyoga or Yoga experience is required. Of course, you will enjoy it even more if you do have some prior experience.
- Don’t let your fears come in the way of this incredibly unique experience, it is an absolutely safe art form and you will be learning from the expert teachers from Denmark.
September 12th ( Tuesday) – September 17th ( Sunday)
**5 Nights and 6 Days**
PS: We are also organising India’s First Flow Arts Retreat to learn Poi, Hooping and Juggling at an unbelievably gorgeous spot near Rishikesh at the end of September, which may interest you too!
This is an AcroYoga for Beginners trip but people with prior experience are of course welcome and will have sufficient guidance to learn, practise and further their skills in super gorgeous environments. So anyone with or without any prior yoga or AcroYoga experience can come learn. Of course, some basic level of fitness will help since Acroyoga is a physically demanding activity just like any other vigorous form of fitness/dance/yoga.
But nothing else matches up to the fun and playfulness that Acroyoga brings especially in beautiful open environments 🙂
Our amazing teachers Rikke and Yacoup are coming all the way from Denmark and in fact met each other at an Acro Yoga Jam and then ended up getting married. They now travel and teach together, how awesome is that 🙂
Rikke has a background in jumping Trampoline for 9 years along with fitness pole dance, dancing and of course Acroyoga & Yoga. She has taught beginner workshops at various AcroYoga For Beginners events all over. She also has experience with Thai-Massage and Flying Therapeutic.
Yacoup is a professional Massage Therapist and has studied Physiotherapy. He has been teaching Acro Yoga and Thai massage in Austria, Denmark and Nepal for a couple of years now
And he will, of course, be offering massages to all or participants during this trip apart from teaching you those amazing AcroYoga moves with Rikke.
You are in good hands 🙂
Awesome people just like you, come for our trips from various cities and countries and we don’t like for it to be too crowded. So we cap the average number per group between 8 – 12 people with a healthy ratio!
These are once-in-a-lifetime experiences, not those touristy hordes being packed up in buses like sheep 🙂
We are expecting beautiful pleasant sunny weather with a little chill in the air in Gulmarg during our Acroyoga Immersion, but a little rain or drizzle here is not uncommon and will only add to the lushness of the meadows if at all, at which point we will just chill and enjoy the supremely gorgeous views!
In the nights it does get chilly but your rooms are comfortable, heated and insulated, so no stress.
- Day 1: Reach Srinagar in the morning/noon and meet up with everyone else at your hotel. Have the rest of the day at leisure to stroll around Srinagar. Check out Dal lake and other beautiful points of interest around the area and sip on some hot kahwa. In the evening we meet up back at the hotel for a warm-up yoga session and enjoy the view.
- Day 2: We head to our beautiful home amidst the meadows of Gulmarg in the morning just an hour and a half away. We will live in super comfortable and well insulated Swiss Tents right in the middle of lush green meadows and surrounded by beautiful mountains on all sides.
It is a sight to behold.
We will do our first 2 Introductory AcroYoga Sessions today in the morning and late afternoon with Rikke and Yakoup initiating you into this amazing yoga art discipline and of course more info on AcroYoga for beginners. The group will be split into pairs of 2 for practice and learning Acro Yoga, the pairing can stay the same or change depending on requirements of course.
The rest of the time is free for you to explore the lush green paradise that surrounds you.
- Day 3-5: We will have a mix of 2 Acroyoga / Flying Therapeutic / Yoga combined with practice sessions every day, one in the morning and another one late afternoon covering the various elements of AcroYoga going from easy to more advanced poses depending on individual capabilities of course. These will be immersive sessions where you will learn, play, have fun and feel the incredible energy that Acroyoga brings out amongst partners and the whole group.
There will also be various other playful and fun activities the rest of the time such as Learning how to cartwheel etc apart from other groups exercises that will enable trust, coordination, strength to open you up as a person and awaken your inner child.
Not just that, you will learn to do artistic acrobatic moves that most people see pictures of and just assume are impossible for them to do !!
Well they are not 🙂
( For a detailed and technical version of the AcroYoga For Beginners curriculum of the course, mail us)
- During the rest of the day every day, You can choose to just lie around on the green grassy meadows we will be living in and admire the sheer beauty that surrounds you or else there are enough things to see around Gulmarg, short treks hiking trails and ofcourse lots and lots of Kashmiri delicacies at places all around that we’ll explore as a group.
Yacoub will, of course, offer his expert massages to everyone if you feel worn out at any point to help you rejuvenate and relax.
- Day 6: We will head back to Srinagar where you can either fly back home noon onwards or hang around and explore a little more of paradise and do some last minute shopping etc and then fly back home in the evening.
- A 10 Session informal and super fun Course of Acroyoga/Yoga/Flying Therapeutic, ideal for beginners and of course people with some experience in AcroYoga who want to further advance their skills.
- Daily Meditation Sessions surrounded by the beauty of Kashmir
- Accommodation on twin share for 1 nights in Srinagar with breakfast and dinner in a comfortable premium hotel
- Accommodation on twin share for 4 nights in Gulmarg with breakfast and dinner in a unique Tent Resort with massive Swiss Cottage Tents situated right amidst the lush green meadows of Gulmarg with mind blowing views and of course hygienic attached private bathrooms plus a dressing room area in each tent. ( you can see the pictures in the gallery above)
- To and Fro Group Transfers from Srinagar to Gulmarg and back in a private vehicle.
- A guided Day Trek/Hike to some gorgeous secret spots in Gulmarg.
- Local sightseeing in Gulmarg
- Domestic Flight/Train/Bus to Srinagar
- Sightseeing Entrance Fee, if any
- Lunches for all 5 days (You can choose to eat at a place of your choice or eat together with your new friends as a group)
- Bring your smiles and playful energy and we promise you’ll get more back.
In case you missed it, BEEP trips are not your usual “sightseeing tour packages” to commercial destinations. These are unique experiences that deserve passionate and awesome people, in pursuit of the extraordinary.
There are very limited spots possible on each trip that we put together with all our heart and soul and there are only so many we can do in a year. So to ensure that we have a fun bunch of awesome people on each of these amazing journeys, we ask you to….
Just fill in the quick form given below and you will hear from us shortly along with the cost.
[gravityform id=”1″ title=”false” description=”false” ajax=”true”]
Widget not in any sidebars